These free-from, no sugar apple loaf recipe is comfort food at it’s best and not only that it’s healthy too!
5 apples, grated
200g of almonds, ground into a flour (I use my blender to grind them down)
200g of dried fruits, like dates, figs, apricots etc
4 tbsp. of hemp powder
1 tsp. of cinnamon, ground
1 pinch of sea salt, ground
- Chop the dried fruit and add to blender with all the ingredients apart from the apple and mix well
- Pour into a bowl with the grated apple and mix well again
- Pour mixture into two small loaf tins (makes for more even cooking all the way through) or one larger one and pat down well
- Bake at 175 c / Gas Mark 4 for 50 / 60 minutes
- Turn out of the loaf tin and allow to cool
I also made a lemon ‘cream’ for this loaf, which was soaked cashews, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and the juice and rind of 3 lemons blended and spread over the top (recipe here). However, this loaf is super yummy with or without this!
For more healthy hints, tips and recipes…
Get my newest book, Loving Yourself Inside & Out here.
My second book, Cleanse – The Holistic Detox Program for Mind, Body and Soul here.
Or my first book Living a Life Less Toxic here.