Pickled Peppers is a new favourite of mine, so here’s the recipe in case you also have an abundance of them this year…
1 kg bell peppers (deseeded and cut into strips)
1L apple cider vinegar (or a vinegar of your choosing)
8 garlic cloves (peeled and chopped finely)
4 bay leaves
1 tbsp. peppercorns
1 tbsp. sea salt
1 tbsp. brown sugar
- Put everything apart from the peppers into a saucepan and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 5 mins.
- Add the peppers, stir, remove from the heat and put a lid of the saucepan and leave for 5/10mins.
- In the meantime sterilise two medium sized jars with boiling water.
- Making sure the jars are still hot, soon peppers into the jars and then pour over the vinegar, garlic, bay mix.
- Make sure there is at least 1cm clear at the top of the jar.
- Screw lid on tight and leave on the side for 24hrs. The lid should be sucked down by then (if not then use this one first).
- Leave for 6 weeks and then consume. Leave in the fridge once opened.
This is a variation of M.A Kitchen’s Pickled Pepper recipe here: https://www.maricruzavalos.com/italian-pickled-peppers/#recipe
Telegram Channel: https://t.me/faithcanter