Fermented Golden Kraut Recipe
For an extra special anti-inflammatory fermenting kick…
1 medium white cabbage, thinly shredded or grated
2 carrots, thinly shredded or grated
5 medium garlic gloves, peeled and
4-5 cm’s of ginger root, peeled diced
1-1 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric powder
3 tbsp. Himalayan or sea-salt
- Put all the ingrediants and salt (apart from the turmeric) in a large bowl and mix and set aside for about an hour so that the cabbage starts to release liquid/brine.
- After an hour squeeze the vegetables to release as much liquid/brine as possible.
- Add the turmeric and mix well.
- Place into a wide-mouthed jar and continue to pound down until juices come up and cover the cabbage. (If this does not happen, then add a little fresh water until it covers the cabbage well.) Leave a space of 2 inches at the top.
- Place a whole cabbage leaf over the top of the shredded cabbage, making sure no air can get to the cabbage underneath. If you have no cabbage leaf, then use a clean weight of some sort to weigh it down.
- Leave at room temperature for a week or more. You can eat it after 3 days, but it’s much tastier and contains more probiotics if left longer. Transfer to fridge once you open it or after a month or two.
For more healthy hints, tips and recipes check out my books on this link here.
And, of more support with your health check out my online membership site here, it’s free to join for a month and totally rinse all the resources in that time and come along to our live sessions too.