This fermented (and probiotic) orange chilli sauce is a new and very spicy favourite of mine…
- 20 – 25 fresh chilli’s, with seeds, diced
- 3 oranges, peeled and diced (you can also use 3 lemons or 2 grapefruits)
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, diced or crushed
- 1 cm of fresh ginger, diced
- 2.5 tbsp. sea salt
- Filtered water to cover
- Put all the fruit and vegetables into a large glass jar.
- Pour over the salt and the follow with the water until everything is well covered.
- Weigh everything down with a weight or a bag of water, making sure nothing is above the level of the liquid.
- Leave on the side in your kitchen (but not in direct sunlight) for 2 weeks (longer if your kitchen is cold).
- Place all the vegetables in a blender 200ml of the liquid and blend until smooth. If it’s still too think then add a little more liquid.
- Put into sterilised glass jars and refrigerate until you want to use it.
Telegram Channel: https://t.me/faithcanter