I have found that many fermented sweet potato recipes are actually cooked, meaning that many aren’t actually probiotic then! This one is different…
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
1 medium to large onion (colour of your choice)
1 garlic cloves, (finely chopped), or 1/2 – 1 tsp of garlic granules
1/2 – 1 tsp of ginger, ground
1 – 2 tsp of dried rosemary
1 – 2 tsp chili powder (optional)
1 tsp of Himalayan or sea salt, ground
- Place the sweet potatoes and onion in food processor using the grating/shredding function.
- Put these and the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Almost straight away the potato will start to soften from the salt.
- Place into a medium jar and pack down, then fill with filtered water.
- Make sure everything is below the level of the water, if it is not add a little extra water until it is.
- Make sure there is at least 2 cm’s of space in the top of the jars.
- Weigh everything down with a cabbage leaf, a pebble or a kitchen weight of some description.
- Burp/let the gas out every day (or twice daily if it seems lively) until to stops gassing.
- Once it stops gassing it is ready to consume. Once you start consuming from the jar, put it in the fridge.
For more healthy recipes…
Get my new book Cleanse – The Holistic Detox Program for Mind, Body and Soul here.
Or my first book Living a Life Less Toxic here.