Fermented Fennel & Cucumber Recipe…
1 large cucumber, halved and sliced
1 small fennel bulb and leaves, finely sliced
1 onion, halved and sliced finely
Juice of 1/3 a large lemon
3 – 4 tbsp. kraut, kimchi or kefir juice
Filtered water to fill jar
2 tbsp. Himalayan or sea salt
- Place all ingredients (apart from the water) into a bowl and mix well
- Allow to stand for 10 – 15 mins, which will allow some of the juices to be extracted from the vegetables
- Place into a sterile jar and add enough water to cover vegetables
- Make sure to leave about 2.5 cm’s at the top free
- Use a cabbage leaf, a pebble (boiled), a bag of water, some wax paper or something else to weigh the whole lot down below the liquid
- Leave for 5 – 7 days, bumping (opening to let the gas out) every day and then consume. Place in the fridge once you start eating from the jar
For more healthy hints, tips and recipes check out my books below…
Loving Yourself Inside & Out here.
Living a Life Less Toxic here.
Cleanse – The Holistic Detox Program for Mind, Body and Soul here.