4-5 medium carrots, grated
2 medium beetroots
8-10 cm’s of fresh ginger
2 tsp. Himalayan or sea salt
1 tsp. of coriander seeds (optional)
- Using the grating/shredding function on a food processor, grate the beetroot, carrot and ginger and add to a large bowl with the salt and seeds and mix well.
- Squeeze the juice from the vegetables and then pack everything (including the juice) into a few jars.
- Make sure everything is below the level of the juice, if it is not add a little extra water until it is.
- Make sure there is at least 2 cm’s of space in the top of the jars.
- Weigh everything down with a cabbage leaf, a pebble or a kitchen weight of some description.
- Burp/let the gas out every day (or twice daily if it seems lively) until to stops gassing.
- Once it stops gassing it is ready to consume. Once you start consuming from the jar, put it in the fridge.
For more healthy hints, tips and recipes…
Get my newest book, Loving Yourself Inside & Out here.
My second book, Cleanse – The Holistic Detox Program for Mind, Body and Soul here.
Or my first book Living a Life Less Toxic here.