2-3 large courgettes
1 small red onion
3-4 cm’s of fresh ginger
2 garlic gloves or 1 tsp. garlic granules
1/2 paprika granules
1/4 tsp. turmeric granules
2 tsp. Himalayan or sea salt
- Using the grating/shredding function on a food processor, grate the courgette, onion, ginger and garlic and all these and all the other ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- Squeeze the juice from the vegetables and then pack everything (including the juice) into a few jars.
- Make sure everything is below the level of the juice, if it is not add a little extra water until it is.
- Make sure there is at least 2 cm’s of space in the top of the jars.
- Weigh everything down with a cabbage leaf, a pebble or a kitchen weight of some description.
- Burp/let the gas out every day (or twice daily if it seems lively) until to stops gassing.
- Once it stops gassing it is ready to consume. Once you start consuming from the jar, put it in the fridge.
For more healthy recipes…
Get my new book Cleanse – The Holistic Detox Program for Mind, Body and Soul here.
Or my first book Living a Life Less Toxic here.