Four Thieves Vinegar Recipe
Legends says that during the bubonic plague 4 thieves were stealing from the dead and dying without becoming sick themselves. When they were finally caught they offered to give up their recipe that they believe had protected them in exchange for their freedom. And here we have it. As with anything passed down through generations, there are some variations of this vinegar around but the basics are always the same. And, indeed the contents are definate supports for immune and respitory health. Vinegar, fresh garlic, lavender, sage, rosemary & thyme, marjoram, left for a week to a month.
This is the recipe i use… Some herbs are dried though as we no longer have fresh lavender or thyme here this time of year.
Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
2 or 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
2 sprigs of fresh lavender (chopped) or 1 tsp. of dried
2 sprigs of rosemary (chopped)
1 good handful of sage (chopped)
1 good handful of marjoram (chopped)
1 sprig of thyme (chopped) or 1 tsp of dried
2 or 3 sprigs of mint (i used lemon balm as i have tons right now)
1. Remove some of the ACV from it bottle (about 2 inchs) and save for other projects
2. Stuff all other ingredients into the bottle
3. Put the lid back on and shake well
4. Leave in sunny or at least light place for a minimum of a week, but preferably 2 weeks
5. Shake well every day
6. Strain and store in a sterile bottle and use as a vinegar on salads or medicinally as and when required by taking a shot of it
For more healthy hints, tips and recipes check out my books on this link here.
And, of more support with your health check out my online membership site here, it’s free to join for a month and totally rinse all the resources in that time and come along to our live sessions too.