Yep you heard that right! Last year I pickled tons of eggs in vinegar but with miso, kimchi juice and herbs and spices along side. This year I decided to up my game and just directly ferment them so they become more nutrient dense and of course probiotic!
I used this…
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp sugar
Kimchi juice to cover all eggs
I did this…
- I boiled the eggs for 12 mins, let them cool and peeled them.
- I then poked each egg 4 times with a tooth pick. This is to get the flavours to soak into the eggs quicker as they won’t be in the brine as long as pickled eggs are.
- Then place them in a large glass jar. Add salt and sugar and covered the whole lot in kimchi juice (left over from making kimchi), or you could us a flavoured kraut juice instead.
- Weigh everything down (with a bag of water or a small plate or large sterilised pebble) to make sure no eggs pop up above the kimchi juice.
- Let it sit on the side for 24hrs and then in the fridge for 3 days to make sure the flavours are infuse into the eggs.
- Then they are ready to eat. Consume within 2 weeks and store in the fridge!
The spicy eggy goodness does rock!
PS: The kimchi juice I used is made with red/purple cabbage, hence the purple colouring of the eggs in the picture.
Telegram Channel: https://t.me/faithcanter