Fermented Pineapple Kimchi Recipe
1 medium pineapple, peeled and chopped into small squares
2 inches of fresh ginger, chopped
8 small garlic cloves, chopped
1 – 2 tsp. chilli powder
1 tsp. paprika powder
1 tbsp. seaweed flakes (or you can use 50ml of fish-sauce if you are not veggie/vegan)
1 tbsp. Himalayan or sea salt
100ml Kombucha, kraut or water kefir juice (and more to fill jar)
- Put all the ingrediants accept the pineapple and extra liquid (to fill jar) into a blend and blend into a sauce
- Add to this with the pineapple to a bowl and mix well.
- Then pack into a large jar (or two) and then top up with more of your choosen liquid.
- Make sure everything is below the level of the water, if it is not add a little extra water until it is.
- Make sure there is at least 2 cm’s of space in the top of the jars.
- Weigh everything down with a cabbage leaf, a pebble or a kitchen weight of some description.
- Burp/let the gas out every day (or twice daily if it seems lively) until to stops gassing.
- Ready after 3 days and don’t leave longer than 3 weeks as the fruit makes it boozey!
Fermented foods not only support digestive health but also immune and endocrine health, mood, energy, skin, hair and nails, help you detox, uptake nutrients and address yeast and parasite issues too. What’s not to love about these amazing foods?
For more healthy hints, tips and recipes check out my books on this link here.
And, of more support with your health check out my online membership site here, it’s free to join for a month and totally rinse all the resources in that time and come along to our live sessions too.