Beetroot & Caramelised Onion Chutney Recipe
800g of red or white onions, peeled and sliced
600g beetroot, top and tailed and grated
300g brown sugar
200ml cider vinegar
100ml of balsamic vinegar
½ tsp. ground garlic powder
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. mustard
2 tsp. sea salt
½ tsp. pepper
- Add everything into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Once boiling turn down to a simmer 1 hour (stirring occasionally). This is ready when the liquid has reduced by half.
- Meanwhile sterilise 2/3 small jars with hot water.
- Put the hot chutney directly into the hot jars, making sure there are not air gaps (press down tightly).
- Clean around the rim and put the lids on tightly.
- Leave on the side for 24hrs until the lids are sucked down. If this does not happen, but the jar(s) in the fridge and use those first.
- Store in a cool, dark place.
Telegram Channel: https://t.me/faithcanter