Probiotic Kimchi Balls Recipe
Think energy balls but better, better taste and better for you! ;0)
250g of rice, then cooked
300g fermented (at least 2 weeks) kimchi plus it’s juice
3 medium onions, chopped up small
1/2 tsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. chilli sauce (I used my own fermented chilli sauce)
1 tsp. chilli powder
4/5 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
5 tbsp. seaweed flakes/powder
1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- Heat oil in a pan and add onions and soften, once softened add sugar and allow to caramelise.
- Add all other ingredients into the pan apart from the rice and the kimchi, mixed well and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Add in rice and mix well and remove from the heat.
- Once it has cooked down add the kimchi and it’s juice and mix well. We add the kimchi at the end like this so that it remains probiotic. If other ingredients are hot still it will destroy more of the beneficial bacteria/probiotics.
- Roll into balls and place in the fridge to set.
- Serve with more chilli sauce or onion chutney and eat cold if you want to keep those probiotics.
Telegram Channel: https://t.me/faithcanter