1 small red cabbage
1 small red onion
2 garlic cloves
3 cm’s of ginger, peeled
1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
1/2 tsp. mustard seeds
1/2 tsp. coriander seeds
1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
1/2 tsp. fennel seeds
1 tsp. Himalayan or sea salt
- Place cabbage, onion, garlic and ginger in a food processor using the grating/shredding function
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well and start squeezing/massaging or pounding to release all the liquid from the ingredients.
- Place into a medium jar and pack down, then fill with filtered water.
- Make sure everything is below the level of the water, if it is not add a little extra water until it is.
- Make sure there is at least 2 cm’s of space in the top of the jars.
- Weigh everything down with a cabbage leaf, a pebble or a kitchen weight of some description.
- Burp/let the gas out every day (or twice daily if it seems lively) until to stops gassing.
- Once it stops gassing it is ready to consume. Once you start consuming from the jar, put it in the fridge.
For more healthy recipes…
Get my new book Cleanse – The Holistic Detox Program for Mind, Body and Soul here.
Or my first book Living a Life Less Toxic here.