I’m loving this vegan cream of mushroom soup recipe. When you try to make a vegan version of a class non-vegan dish for the first time things don’t always work out right, but this totally did and I will definitely be making it again!
- 400g of mushrooms, sliced
- 2 yellow onions, peeled and ﬁnely chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive or nut oil
- 1 liter of vegetable stock
- 5 small garlic cloves, peeled and ﬁnely chopped or minced
- 200ml of vegan cream
- 200ml of nut milk
- 4 dried bay leafs (removed before blending)
- 1/4 tsp. of fresh ground pepper
- Himalayan salt or sea salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onions and cook until soft
- Add garlic and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms are soft
- Add stock, bay leafs and pepper and leave to simmer for 45 mins
- Add cream and milk and cooked for a further 15 mins
- Season to taste and leave to cool
- Once cooled remove bay leafs and blend soup and return to saucepan and heat through again and serve
- Optional: Serve with a little freshly chopped parsley and a drizzle of vegan cream
For more healthy hints, tips and recipes…
Get my newest book, Loving Yourself Inside & Out here.
My second book, Cleanse – The Holistic Detox Program for Mind, Body and Soul here.
Or my first book Living a Life Less Toxic here.