Spicy Squash Soup is a perfect winter warmer!
- 1 medium butternut squash (or pumpkin), peeled, de-seeded and chopped into small cubes
- 3 yellow onions, peeled and ﬁnely chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive or nut oil
- 1 liter of vegetable stock
- Juice of half a lemon
- 5 small garlic cloves, peeled and ﬁnely chopped or minced
- 1/4 tsp. of ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground paprika
- 4 dried bay leafs (removed before blending)
- 1/4 tsp. of fresh ground pepper
- Himalayan salt or sea salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onions and cook until soft
- Add garlic, cayenne and paprika and cook for another 5 mins
- Add stock, bay leafs, lemon and pepper and leave to simmer for 45 mins
- Season to taste and leave to cool
- Once cooled blend soup and return to saucepan and heat through again and serve
- Optionally, serve with a little vegan cream poured over the top and fresh parsley
For more healthy hints, tips and recipes…
Get my newest book, Loving Yourself Inside & Out here.
My second book, Cleanse – The Holistic Detox Program for Mind, Body and Soul here.
Or my first book Living a Life Less Toxic here.