Spicy Bean & Quinoa Salad…
Quinoa is such an amazing super-food, being both a carb and a protein and then if you add beans and fresh herbs you have a power packed salad to keep you going through any kind of day!
100 g quinoa (I like red, in this meal, but any colour works)
1 red pepper, chopped
1 red or white onion, chopped
1 can of cooked beans of your choice, rinsed well, (I like a mixed can of beans)
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 handful of parsley, chopped
1 handful of coriander, chopped
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper, ground
1/2 tsp. paprika, ground
1/4 tsp. ginger, ground
2 tbsp. olive oil (or sesame seed oil works really well too)
Juice of one lime
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa as per directions on the package (you can also add a stock cube whilst cooking for a greater depth of flavour)
- Add oil and cayenne and paprika to a pan and slightly fry the onion and peppers, until soft, then add the garlic and fry for another couple of minutes (making sure not to burn)
- Place quinoa, onion/pepper mix and beans to a large bowl and mix well
- Add all the remaining ingredients (this works really well if hot still as it softens everything else
- Mix and serve warm or cold
For more healthy hints, tips and recipes…
Get my newest book, Loving Yourself Inside & Out here.
My first book Living a Life Less Toxic here.
Or my second book, Cleanse – The Holistic Detox Program for Mind, Body and Soul here.