These raw vegan meatless meatballs are delicious as a snack or as part of a main meal with sauce and ‘pasta’ as mentioned below.
150g sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
75g raw walnuts
150g sun-dried tomatoes (or half sun-dried and half fresh tomatoes)
1 tbsp. fresh lemon or lime juice
1 tbsp. Tamari (gluten-free soy sauce) or sprinkle in seaweed if you want to avoid soy
1-2 cloves garlic or 1-1 ½ tsp. garlic granules
¼ tsp. chopped basil or 1 ½ tsp. dried basil
1 tbsp. fresh minced rosemary or 1 tsp. dried
2 tbsp. fresh chopped oregano or ½ tsp. dried
½ tsp. chilli powder or cayenne pepper
½ small red onion, minced
- Place the seeds and nuts in a bowl with enough fresh water to cover them and soak for 6-8 hours. Drain and rinse well. Do not allow to dry out before adding to the recipe.
- Place sun-dried tomatoes (if not in oil) in a bowl with enough water to cover them and let soak for at least one hour. Drain off the water, save for later. Chop up.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until fine.
- Form into small balls and place on greaseproof paper or waxed dehydrator sheets and place in dehydrator. Dehydrate for 1-2 hours at 104°F/40°C, remove from sheets and put straight onto the dehydrator tray for a remaining 10-12 hours (depending on size).
- These freeze really well: you can make a double batch and freeze half for a later date. They can be defrosted by putting them straight into the dehydrator from frozen and dehydrating them for around 2-3 hours. Eat them straight away!
- Serve with spiralized sweet potatoes, carrots, couragette (courgetti) and a raw pasta sauce.
Raw Pasta Sauce
6 – 8 tomatoes or half a can from chopped tomatoes
4 – 6 dates
4 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
4 tbsp. fresh basil
1 small garlic glove
- Put everything in a food processor and blend to thick sauce.
- Add this to the meat balls and spiralizer some courgette, carrot and sweet potato pasta and you have a delicious, healthy, raw pasta dish.
For more healthy recipes…
Get my new book Cleanse – The Holistic Detox Program for Mind, Body and Soul here.
Or my first book Living a Life Less Toxic here.