Protein Packed Broccoli Salad Recipe…
I am always looking out for high protein meals being a veggie and this one has to be up there in one of the highest. Not only that but it’s full of calcium, B Vitamins and tons of other goodies also. Oh and it’s yummy of course! ha
1 head of broccoli, cut into small pieces
100 g of walnuts, chopped into smaller pieces (maybe quarters)
1 large red onion, cut into thin slices
1 – 2 large handful(s) of pumpkin seeds
3 – 4 tbsp. of tahini
1 tbsp. of sea-weed flakes
Juice of a small lemon or lime
2 tbsp. maple syrup (or honey if you prefer)
1/4 tsp. garlic power
2 – 3 tbsp. boiling water
- Place all you vegetables, nuts and seeds in a large bowl and mix
- In a separate, smaller bowl add all the other ingredients except for the hot water and mix
- The add the hot water to make the dressing thinner and slightly runny
- Once you have your desired consistency add the dressing to the vegetables etc and mix well, so that every gets covered in the dressing
- Place in the fridge for 2 – 3 hours to marinade and so the broccoli softens slightly
- Then serve and enjoy
- This will keep in the fridge for a couple of days if you happen to have leftovers
For more healthy hints, tips and recipes…
Get my newest book, Loving Yourself Inside & Out here.
My first book Living a Life Less Toxic here.
Or my second book, Cleanse – The Holistic Detox Program for Mind, Body and Soul here.