Free-from Mushroom & Walnut Pate
150 g walnuts (broken up a little)
1 medium onion, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
250 g mushrooms, sliced
1 – 1 ½ tsp. dried parsley (or a small handful of fresh if you prefer)
¼ – ½ of cayenne pepper
1 tsp. dried rosemary
Juice of ½ a lemon
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 pinch of Himalayan or sea salt
¼ tsp. of ground black pepper
- Toast the walnuts in a large dry pan, stirring a lot to not burn but lightly brown.
- Once browned add to a food processor and blend to breadcrumbs.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the olive oil. When hot add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions soften and lightly brown, but not burn.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients and cook mushrooms are lightly browned but not burned.
- If the mushrooms are sticking to the pan you can add a small splash of water to help release them. Remove from heat and add walnuts and mix well.
- Allow to cool (although the pate is also delicious warm too) and serve
For more healthy hints, tips and recipes check out my books below…
Loving Yourself Inside & Out here.
Living a Life Less Toxic here.
Cleanse – The Holistic Detox Program for Mind, Body and Soul here.