There’s not much you cannot make a fermented version of and this is no exception! How to make healthy foods even healthier?… Ferment them! I am a little bit in love with this Pineapple & Papaya Salsa recipe, hope you love it too!
1 small pineapple, peeled and chopped into small pieces
2 papaya’s, peeled, de-seeded and chopped into small pieces
1 medium red onion, peeled and chopped into small pieces
1 large pepper (colour of your choosing), de-seeded and chopped into small pieces
4-6 inches of fresh ginger, peeled and diced or grated into tiny pieces
1-3 fresh chilies (depending how hot you like it), cut into very smaller pieces
1 bunch on parsley, finely chopped
1-2 tsp of garlic granules
1-2 tbsp of the juice of a sauerkraut or kimchi (that has already fermented)
1 tbsp of ground Himalayan or Sea Salt
1-2 tsp chili powder (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- Place into two medium jars and pack down, then fill with filtered water.
- Make sure everything is below the level of the water.
- Make sure there is at least 2 cm’s of space in the top of the jars.
- Weigh everything down with a cabbage leaf, a pebble or a kitchen weight of some description.
- Burp/let the gas out every day (or twice daily if it seems lively) until to stops gassing.
- This is ready after 3 days, but I prefer to leave it 5 days for extra probiotic-ness. Once you start consuming from the jar, put it in the fridge.
For more healthy recipes…
Get my new book Cleanse – The Holistic Detox Program for Mind, Body and Soul here.
Or my first book Living a Life Less Toxic here