This fermented ginger is great to keep hanging around to add to all sorts of meals, but especially into salads and dressings (basically non-cooked things to get the benefits of it’s amazing probiotic and nutrient qualities).
Enough ginger to fill a small jar
1/2 tsp. Himalayan or sea salt
1/2 tsp of your favourite dried herbs (optional)
- Grate you ginger (or slice very thinly)
- Add to a bowl with the salt and squeeze and mix well
- Pack down into your jar
- Add enough water to cover the ginger
- Make sure there is at least 2 cm’s of space in the top of the jar.
- Weigh everything down with a cabbage leaf, a pebble or a kitchen weight of some description.
- Burp/let the gas out every day (or twice daily if it seems lively) until to stops gassing.
- Once it stops gassing it is ready to consume. Once you start consuming from the jar, put it in the fridge.
For more healthy hints, tips and recipes…
Get my newest book, Loving Yourself Inside & Out here.
My second book, Cleanse – The Holistic Detox Program for Mind, Body and Soul here.
Or my first book Living a Life Less Toxic here.