You can use any type of squash or pumpkin for this fermented curried squash recipe!
1/2 of a squash or a whole small squash, peeled, de-seeded and grated
1 handful of raisins
1-2 tsp. curry powder
3 tsp. of Himalayan or Sea-salt
Juice of half a lemon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger (optional)
1-2 cloves (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix well
- Squeeze squash to release the water
- All the ingredients, including water from the squash to a large mason jar
- Pack down tightly and add a little fresh water to fill up any air gaps
- Weigh everything down under the water level (making sure there is at least 2 cm air gap at the top of the jar)
- Leave on your kitchen side (not in direct sunlight) for a min of 5 days (I prefer twice this time for a stronger kimchi)
- Make sure to burp (open the jars) each day to release any gases that will build up)
- Place in a fridge and start consuming when ready
For more healthy hints, tips and recipes…
Get my newest book, Loving Yourself Inside & Out here.
My second book, Cleanse – The Holistic Detox Program for Mind, Body and Soul here.
Or my first book Living a Life Less Toxic here.