Fermented Curried Cauliflower
1 cauliflower, cut into small pieces
½ an onion, chopped finely
6 – 8 garlic cloves, smashed
4 – 6 small dried chilis, chopped
2 tbsp. curry powder
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. turmeric powder
1 tsp. cayenne
2 – 4 tbsp. of kraut, kefir or kimchi juice
Filtered water to top up
2 tbsp. Himalayan or sea salt
- Rinse and cut cauliflower into small pieces
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well
- Pack all ingredients into a sterile jar as tightly as possible
- Make sure to leave about 2.5 cm’s at the top free
- Top up with a little more liquid if it does not come above the vegetables
- Use a cabbage leaf, a pebble (boiled), a bag of water, some wax paper or something else to weigh the whole lot down below the liquid
- Leave for 7 – 10 days, bumping (opening to let the gas out) every day and then consume. Place in the fridge once you start eating from the jar
For more healthy hints, tips and recipes check out my books below…
Loving Yourself Inside & Out here.
Living a Life Less Toxic here.
Cleanse – The Holistic Detox Program for Mind, Body and Soul here.