I love a bit of spice and this fermented chilli sauce recipe is no exception. Not only that, but it’s not full of sugars and other nasties that many chili sauces have in them and because it’s fermented it helps heal the digestive system, fills us full of probiotics and lots of nutrients, detoxes us, it’s super easy to make and tastes yummy!
3-4 chilies, chopped
3-4 red or orange peppers, chopped and de-seeded
2 white or red onions, peeled and de-seeded
2-4 garlic cloves, grated
3 tsp. of Himalayan or Sea-salt
Fresh, filtered water to fill jar or bottle or the juice of fermented kimchi, salsa or sauerkraut
1-2 tsp. chili powder or flakes (optional depending on your heat preference)
1-2 tsp of miso paste (optional)
2 tbsp. of seaweed flakes (optional)
- Add all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth
- Pour into a jar or bottle
- Make sure there is at least 2 cm air gap at the top of the jar or bottle
- Leave on your kitchen side (not in direct sunlight) for a min of 5 days (I prefer twice this time for a stronger taste)
- Make sure to burp (open the jars) each day to release any gases that will build up)
- Place in a fridge and start consuming when ready
For more healthy hints, tips and recipes…
Get my newest book, Loving Yourself Inside & Out here.
My second book, Cleanse – The Holistic Detox Program for Mind, Body and Soul here.
Or my first book Living a Life Less Toxic here.