There are tons of health benefits to consuming potassium broth, but here are my favourite reasons…
1. It’s high in nutrients
2. It helps the body to detox
3. It’s alkalizing and mineralising
4. It supports the immune and endocrine systems
5. It’s great for the kidneys
6. Because it’s high in vitamins and minerals it really fills you up
7. And it’s super easy to make, and here’s how…
4 celery stalks, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
1 white onion, peeled and chopped
1 uncooked beetroot, peeled and chopped
Skin (only) of 3 large white potatoes
1 glove of garlic, peeled and chopped
1 bunch of parsley
3-4 heap tbsp. dried seaweed (kombu is a great one, but any work)
Fresh, filtered water, to fill saucepan
2 tbsp. paprika
2 tsp. dried chill flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Add all ingredients (apart from the parsley) to a large saucepan and then fill 3/4 with fresh filtered water.
2. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 mins.
3. Add the parsley 5 mins before then end.
4. Strain mixture off and either drink immediately or freeze down into portions.
5. Drink it like it’s a cup of tea, once or twice a day.
For more healthy hints, tips and recipes…
Get my newest book, Loving Yourself Inside & Out here.
My first book Living a Life Less Toxic here.
Or my second book, Cleanse – The Holistic Detox Program for Mind, Body and Soul here.