Next Monday on 5th January 2015 we’ll be starting a new 28 day detox program, for mind, body and home.
You can do as much or as little of it as possible, the choice is yours!
If you want to join in then here are a few things you can do now to prepare yourself:
- Eat up, remove or give away all the naughty food and drink in your home (this includes things like alcohol, fizzy drinks, energy drinks, chocolates, biscuits, crisps, sweets, convenience foods and microwave meals). You won't be needing these for the next 28 days.
- Consider replacing white carbohydrates with healthier versions on your next shopping trip. This means instead of white potatoes buy sweet potatoes, instead of white pasta get wholemeal pasta or even better Dove brown rice pasta, instead of white rice buy brown or black rice or quinoa. This also means loose the bread, bagels and other bread or pastry-like items.
- Start reducing your caffeine consumption and increasing fresh clean water consumption. You want to be aiming for two liters a day to start with and build up to three once you start the detox. Try to have at least 1 liter of this first thing in the morning. Adding fresh ginger and lemon to this not only helps with detoxing (among many other things, that we will go over next week), but it also makes it taste better.
- Start thinking about some healthy meals you could prepare. Planning really helps you to stick to the changes I'll suggest in the next few weeks. Here's the link to my free-from ecookbook if you want some ideas http://faithcanter.com/freebies/. It's respically important to think about healthy breakfast items, snacks and lunches you can take to work etc.
- Purchase some detoxing teas, herbs and spices. Things like dandelion, nettle, parsley, clove, ginger, lemon, turmeric and cinnamon.
- Purchase plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables (heavy on the greens).
- Is it possible you have a yeast imbalance in your body? If so then this is a great time to think about dealing with this as it will greatly reduce toxicity of your body. Here's a post which will help you address this here.
- Find some guided meditations you like (short one's around 3 or 5 mins long are ideal if you are new to this).
- Find a few empty boxes (you'll understand what these are for next week).
- Dust off any blenders, juicers, smoothie makers, mini trampolines or yoga videos you have knocking around, as we'll make use of these over the 28 days.
That's all for now. I'll be posting again on Sunday evening and then every evening after that so you are prepared for the following day.
If you have any questions then feel free to post them below.
See you soon.